Okay, I received a rather quick response from my compliant filed with the BBB in Peoria. However, it was not a satisfactory reply from iRepair (see below).
“I have reviewed the case and I have seen the issue at hand. All of our units are sent out with measures to ensure that no customer tampers with our products. One of these measure would be multiple warranty stickers. We place one on the internal DVD drive, one on the motherboard, and one on the casing. We received the unit back into us and all three of these sticker have been tampered with in a blatant way. We have these stickers in place to protect us and you can see that many other companies, large and small, use the same measures on their products. We cannot refund this customer because of this issue. We have these policies in place and the policy was agreed to on purchase. The same policy is in place with a brand new Xbox 360 unit and the sticker on the case is in the same place. If anything else is needed please feel free to get back in contact with us. Thank you and have a great day!”
Does anybody have a suggestion on how to deal with this? I honestly did not tamper with the console and I am completely at the mercy of iRepair. I would feel fortunate at this point to get the console back and have a local company repair the console. I do have a positive from this experience and that is from the people at www.ratepoint.com. They have been responsive and informative. The other response I received from iRepair via rate point gave me some hope that they admitted that the seals could have been broke through trauma to the console.
"We here at iRepair Squad to honor our warranties on the Xbox360's as long as the warranty stickers are still intact. We have two warranty stickers inside the unit and both of yours were broken. To break them either someone has to forcefully open the casing or even drop the unit causing enough trauma to the Xbox that it would break both seals. As you were told over our live chat program we are unable to honor the warranty on yours, if you wanted the unit to be repaired you would need to pay for the repairs. We are not a scam, nor is there need to accuse us as such."
Again, either iRepair is a scam or the console was damaged during shipping in which it is not irepair's fault or my fault. It is then a matter of if iRepair is a good company and will help in replacing the console due to damaged received during shipping.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment