Wednesday, July 16, 2008

irepair squad claim - Day 1

Well, this is my story and I hope others will see it and realize that irepair squad in Peoria, IL is a scam. Their website is slick and professional and the prices listed for the refurbished Xbox 360 appears to be a good deal. Buyers beware... my elderly parents wanted to buy a game console for their grandchildren but a new Xbox360 or PS3 was beyond their budget. So I searched and I searched but everything I found new was to expensive and the refurbished units just scared me. Then somehow on that faithful day I came across irepair squad's website. Tired of searching and with a birthday approaching I sent this information to my parents who purchased then our Xbox 360 with an extended warranty. I received the console on June 13, 2008 and we were able to play the console until June 27, 2008. Hey, at least it worked for two weeks, right? I submitted a ticket that evening and I did not receive a shipping label from irepair until July 1, 2008. I sent the console back on 7/7/08 and irepair received the unit on 7/11/08. I was hoping that since they were going to email me a label I would have received it within a day or two which then I would have been able to ship back while we were gone on vacation, no such luck. I waited for a day or two after I saw they received the console and was expecting an update via my email, again, no such luck. I tried to call but that was impossible, I tried the live chat and that was when I was told the great news that my warranty was voided because the warranty seal on the console was broke! My first response is why would I try to fix or tamper with it since I paid extra money for the extended warranty and second, how could I prove this was not the case. Then I realized this is a scam. They sell you consoles that don't work and then they don't honor their warranties. As of 7/16/08 I do not know if I will receive my console back or if I can get my money back. I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau which I have provided a link to their website below and of course they have an unsatisfactory rating from BBB.

http://heartofillinois.bbb.org/WWWRoot/Report.aspx?site=109&bbb=0724&firm=90007134

No comments: