What I believed to be coming from iRepair happened to me yesterday. I have read other people's stories where they explained that they sent their ipod or whatever to iRepair to only find out they hold your property for ransom. So, if I want to get back my Xbox 360 that I have already paid $239 plus shipping, plus $29 for the extended warranty, I will still have to pay more for a console that does not work! My plan is to get the unit back and list it on craigslist and get the going rate for a broken xbox and use the money to purchase a new console with HDMI from Circuit City for $299.
Below is my history of dealing with iRepair and please note the lie I caught them in because they could not collaborate their stories between Rate Point and BBB.
warning - this company is a scam. i purchased an xbox 360 from irepair squad and paid extra for an extended warranty this past june. first, the av hd component cable would not switch between standard tv and hdtv. i thought no big deal i can buy a new one for $20, but in less than two weeks from receiving game console it stopped working with the three red ring of death. i finally received a shipping label to send back and was informed that i voided the warranty because the warranty seal was broke. my first response is why would i try to fix or tamper with it since i paid extra money for the extended warranty and second, how could i prove this was not the case. then i realized this is a scam. they sell you consoles that don't work and then they don't honor warranties. buyers beware...do not purchase an xbox 360 from irepair squad.
by iRepair Squad
about 8 days ago
Gary, We here at iRepairSquad to honor our warranties on the Xbox360's as long as the warranty stickers are still intact. We have two warranty stickers inside the unit and both of yours were broken. To break them either someone has to forcefully open the casing or even drop the unit causing enough trauma to the Xbox that it would break both seals. As you were told over our live chat program we are unable to honor the warranty on yours, if you wanted the unit to be repaired you would need to pay for the repairs. We are not a scam, nor is there need to accuse us as such.
by Gary
about 7 days ago
Please understand, I DID NOT TAMPER WITH THE CONSOLE! Why would I spend almost $300 for a game console that I can buy new for not that much more money? I purchased from iRepair for two reasons. 1) You had an extended warranty and 2) you modify the console to make it better and not just repair the console. If you are not a scam then we need to have an actual conversation. You stated that the seals could have broken because of trauma. What if the seals broke during shipment? The console obviously had a problem because it only worked for two weeks. Possibly it came this way and it took two weeks to stop working. I did encounter within the first couple of uses where the console just shutoff with no warning. I did not think anything about it because I powered the console back up and I was able to continue playing. Can someone please call me and discuss because I did not tamper with the unit. If you are not a scam then please call me.
UPDATE:I was just updating my blog and noticed something interesting. The reply from irepair via the BBB stated from this person "I have seen the issue at hand" and "We received the unit back into us and all three of these sticker have been tampered with in a blatant way." This is not consistent with the statement provided here. I also spent a good 30 minutes today trying to contact anybody at irepair via the toll free number with no luck.
by iRepair Squad
about 7 days ago
Unfortunately the person who wrote the first reply was unaware that there was also a warranty sticker on the motherboard. The best way to contact us is through the chat system during our hours of operation. Also yes we do have an extended warranty, and like any company once we notice the stickers have been tempered with we are unable to assist with any warranty repairs, and therefore your unit is out of warranty. Many companies so this, even Microsoft will tell you the same thing if you bought it from them and their warranty stickers were broken.
by Gary
about 6 days ago
So what is the next step? If the seals are actually broken then it happened during shipment. What is your policy for that?
by iRepair Squad
about 2 days ago
Gary,
Due to how the stickers are broken we are forced to believe that is not the case. Unfortunately as we stated before we are unable to do the repairs under warranty.
by Gary
about 2 days ago
Please send the console back to me as requested via the BBB case number.
by iRepair Squad
1 days ago
The cost to have your unit returned to you is listed in your cart. Please log in to our site so that you can checkout and have the unit returned to you.
by Gary
1 days ago
I do not have that login information. Please provide me with the information of who I need to send the FedEx label to. I will pay for the shipping myself. Just tell me who I need to send it to.
Also, I have the serial number of the console I sent. If this is not the same console I will sue you for fraud and press criminal charges.
by iRepair Squad
about 3 hours ago
That information has been emailed to you from one of our support staff, so please check for that as soon as possible.
by Gary
25 minutes ago
I received an email from Mr. Suits and the login and password does not work. However, this is not what I requested unless I am suppose to send Mr. Suits the prepaid shipping label.
I
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment